Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B Case won’t start

zapper77 ยท 2016-10-06 12:10

I have my 580B Case backhoe that turns over nicely but won't start. I have removed the suction line and cap at the pump and fuel comes out. When I remove the return line and crank it nothing comes out. It ran well a week ago and have fresh diesel in it. Not sure what to do next....

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-10-06 17:07

    Pretty basic diagnostics need to be done.. Start where you have fuel, the tank.. start loosening lines and removing filters until you get fuel.. Sorry but no magic involved..

  2. #2george19532016-10-22 16:24

    Crack open the line going into injection pump,see if fuel come out,,if yes then hook back up and crack open line at injector...crank over if no fuel posses out problem in injection pump,,,the first place i would go is to see if fuel comes out tank...with old age comes garbage build up at tank petcock..blow air in line to see if fuel comes out