Hi, Everybody The fuel problems are fixed and the G188D is running fine. Now I'm on the transmission . So far I am draining the Grade A milk, and got to looking at the filter in front of the radiator and found there was no cartridge (some one decided it didn.t need one) I have a service manual but I may have a empty spot between the ears.. the same oil drained out of all three plugs under the trans . (this machine is a 1974) the oil cooler has been bypassed (must have leaked) I am trying to locate the pickup tube and screen for the trans. When the fluid is replaced as well as the filter,, The the question is what is the next step? Sure will be thankful for any help from a Case expert.
Go to this thread and read it. It has a lot of information relating to your problem. In post # 7 there is another link to Phil's guide and pictures of the screen.
Thank you tinkerer, I have read the posts and will read them again. I got looking this thing over and it looks like a expert mechanic used some gasket RTV or something in place of gaskets,,not a good thing around carbs. or auto transmissions. I may have some hard work ahead. The engine is running fine, I have to replace the linkage for the foot accel pedal and the diff interlock linkage is also missing. there also were bungie cords used in place of springs. Thanks again from jerrywf in west Tn.
Just a word of caution in regards to differential locks. Don't use it either on purpose or accidentally when turning the machine on dry or hard surfaces. Serious damage will occur in the differential.
That is why the linkage may have been removed, most likely. in the mean time I am trying to decide if I should drill the hole to clean the screen or do the nasty. Thanks for the info tinkerer
You are welcome ! Glad to help.