Good Morning!!! I have recently acquired a 1971 580B Diesel hydrostatic drive backhoe, the tractor wouldn't move when I got it but since have unseized the forward reverse pedals and adjusted them according to the manual. the tractor works great in both directions but sometimes the when I stop it will not move. the transmission gauge reads in the low side of green but if I press the pedal the gauge moves to red. if I rock the rear wheels you can hear something engage and then I have forward and reverse. is there a servo or shuttle that is not engaging until I rock the back and forth? TIA
bad piston seal. Hang up and letting the fluid by until you presureize it up and few times, helping it seal. Chances are from sitting. it has built up rust in the cylinder sleave. Now the piston seal dont seal all the time. Had a case do this. it was a piece of gasket sealer got into the system
Don't think a 580B is hydrostatic.
wrong case made them horror stories changed some back to power shuttles in the 70s case paid the shot
They had hydrostat versions but it was very rare, I think I've only seen one in person.