Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replaced Hyd Tank Filler

NH575E · 2021-03-13 20:29

Got tired of my special tool NH hydraulic cap so I ordered a cap and flange from Hydro-Craft. Not sure what pressure the stock one is so I just rolled the dice and got a 3 lb model. This one is bayonet style instead of threaded. Flange was a perfect fit. I left the strainer basket out since I use a pump in the filler when I change fluid. https://hydro-craft.com/reservoirs-accessories/filler-breathers/filler-breather-assembly-kit.html Part number I ordered was HC-120-PB-3. Cost was 34.98 + $21.14 shipping = $56.12

Replies7
  1. #1Toxic2021-03-14 07:29

    looks good! the special new holland cap does get old fast when i gotta top off hydraulic fluid.

  2. #2Swetz2021-03-14 09:12

    NH575E, This is great information!, Thanks! I remember a previous discussion on here centered around getting rid of the stock setup. Now you have confirmed it. They must be a problem, Messick's has 6 in stock. Also look at the price for the whole unit and then for some of the parts...crazy! You saved about $90 over stock by the time it is shipped and tax.

  3. #3cosmaar12021-03-22 23:25

    I too was thinking of replacing this... honestly not sure if the breather is working anymore. its been a week since you first posted.... is everything running smoothly?

  4. #4NH575E2021-03-22 23:35

    I have only run it about an hour but no signs of any problems so far.

  5. #5cosmaar12022-02-27 22:35

    NH, been about a year now. Any problems or issues?

  6. #6NH575E2022-02-28 13:17

    It has been perfect. Seems to hold a little pressure on the system hot or cold. That tells me the tank and system is sealed and no leaks. Easy Peasy to open and close.

  7. #7cosmaar12022-02-28 16:12

    That sounds great. I think I’m going to take the tank off and cut out the toolbox leak and redo the breather set up entirely. Thanks!