Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B Leaking around the steering wheel

shellman14315 ยท 2008-10-06 00:16

Got the "B" out today to get her cleaned off so I can sand her down and paint her up with some new decals (finally cool weather in N. Calif) .....but.....Ive got power steering fluid??? coming out just under the steering wheel. I see there is a big nut that is in the center of the steering wheel. I was wondering how much trouble it is to remove the steering wheel to look at the seals underneath? Does that large nut come off standard or reverse thread? Don't know what I will find under there, but from what my manual shows is two lines or something coming up to the steering wheel and obviously something is leaking. Need to get this done before I tackle the huge job of paintin' her. Thanks Cory

Replies0

No replies yet.