Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580b Power Shuttle Flush?

RFrank ยท 2008-12-03 19:15

I've got a 580b with the power shuttle converter/torque tube. It won't move very well until it warms up. This seems to have just started as the weather has gotten a little colder. I read another post about a similar problem and he fixed it with a new shuttle pump, cleaning the gunk out of the torque tube, fresh fluid and filter. I haven't had the machine very long and I can tell it wasn't maintained very well before. I am going to change the fluid and filter. I would like to somehow flush it out without having to open it up. I asked mechanic at a Case dealership if he thought I could drain it and fill / flush with diesel fuel, let it set and drain it. He said not to do that because the rubber seals could be damaged. Is there a flush or a way to loosen and drain the crud / sludge that must be in there? Also, would it be better to refill with Case TCH fluid or should I switch to Dexron III? Frank.

Replies0

No replies yet.