the top pic is the one I'm working on to fix, it has no reverse. The other one I bought for parts, what trans does the one I'm working on have or is it a difference in mechanical and power shuttle? Thanks!
I believe they are both 1973 models?i
Ok, I think I answered my own question...
Alan's post is a good description of two transmission types. In other words, your top photograph appears to be the "Mechanical Shuttle" transmission with a typical clutch. The lower photograph appears to be a "Power Shuttle" transmission that does not have a typical clutch. Another tell-tale indicator is tractors with the Power Shuttle have a dash gauge showing the transmission oil pressure and the Mechanical Shuttle tractors do not have the gauge. Be aware that these transmissions are very different in terms of operation, maintenance, and repair.
Yes, both are 1973's. Do need the service manual ?
I do need a service manual, what is the best option to get one?
Thanks to the good people at Minn Parr parts they have it avaiable to download for free. Go here and find the ones you want.----> https://www.minnpar.com/manuals4.as...FName=BACKHOE (CASE) 580 SERIES PARTS MANUALS
Thanks!
here is my hodgepodge. Minnpar has FREE downloads of many Check your S/N and year http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=case&msg=5407 Free manuals for a lot of Case machines for download of manuals https://minnpar.com/index.aspx MINNPAR.COM very active and helpful newsgroup HeavyEquipmentForums This is a good site to get part numbers. https://avspare.com/catalog/case/49912/42696/ AVSPARE.COM https://www.wengers.com/construction.html Official Case site .... Parts diagram MYCNHISTORE.COM Front loader & bucket | Case CE | MyCNHi US Store P aint Valley Equipment in OH manufactures a lot of Case parts that would be big ticket items at the Case dealer. https://www.paintvalleyequipment.com/print-catalog/access-the-pve-online-catalog for download of manuals https://minnpar.com/index.aspx MINNPAR.COM https://www.paintvalleyequipment.com/ Repair parts http://connexusa.com/HTML/Spring Bushings.html Connex repair bushings and pins Manuals https://www.peacefulcreek.com/ there are a lot of great folks in the industry. Fred is one of them! Has helped me out a bunch! And pricing as fair as the day is long http://badgerdiesel.com/ these parts sources come recommended and phone numbers are on the web pages for prompt questions/service Parts Alternatives Inc. 1-800-486-8082 pump $440 plus freight coupling$30 hyd pump Try reliable aftermarkets partshttps:// www.reliableaftermarketparts.com/ . They gave good price for my brake parts on 580c tractorstuff 765-378-3396 https://www.brokentractor.com/ https://www.reliableaftermarketpart...kgpDpLihqfExVN8RFXzfDGooxJo-GPoJk_aXVXKmgQlgo Call Parts Alternatives Inc. 1-800-486-8082 for all your 580 needs. Just have the model and serial number. http://e-backhoeparts.com/index?fbclid=IwAR0h2tX-URSVFNIsBEfKocAIXc_e_-SeQqkTl3Dm-Q_taZzy-4djNYjUsXY Get the specs for pins and bushing and call pro tech tool in Lebanon Tn. They’ll build it cheaper than you can buy it. http://www.protech-tool.com/Home.html Needing new starter? Let me suggest starter branded DB Electrical . This year alone I have three and I have NEVER been more pleased! Ebay or Amazon, whichever has best pricing.... Briggs, SuperDuty 6.0, Case 580B.... Incredibility lightweight, and in the case of my truck, spins at 25% better speed with 20% less draw... perfect! Example: 6.0=$77.00 shipped, no core. Case (wet nose) under $200. Wheels https://www.heywheel.com/page5.html These folks are ABSOLUTELY the best on building up a wheel that is too expensive or maybe all together unavailable! sizing info https://www.woldinc.com/useful_info