Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with 580 SK backhoe

msta999 ยท 2021-07-14 12:15

We have this machine out in a remote location and the large pressure line for the steering has a hole in it. I have a part number, D146135, but it is obsolete and I can find any identification for the hose size or fittings. I am hoping someone has one of these and can help me out with fitting sizes. I have the length, which is 40 inches. I do have a manual, but it only gives the part number for the hose and does not break it down. This hose goes into the steering control up by the cab windshield and uses an o-ring 41/64 ID X 3/32 inch wide......, this is the info I have. It would save a lot of time and money if I could take the hose with, instead of going there, taking the hose off, fly it back to have one built and then fly back out to install it, which we may have to do, but I thought I would see if someone here could help me out with sizes. Thanks. This is a Case machine Matt Palmer, Alaska

Replies2
  1. #1msta9992021-07-14 16:56

    The hose has a fixed fitting on top, which uses the o-ring I mentioned and I did look at the other end, it connects to a L shaped pipe, which connects to a 3/4-16 flare fitting.......I'm guessing the hose is 3/4"?............this is a case machine.

  2. #2gggraham2021-07-15 08:57

    Any shop that makes hydraulic hoses should be able to do this for you.