is it aluminum or steel? Easy to weld?
Well first test would be to touch with magnet! If it sticks then steel or cast iron. And "easy to weld" would depend on one's equipment and skill set. Really not trying to be a jerk here but sometimes it might come out that way!
Bought one once and the intake manifold had been brazed . Held together good for the 5 or 6 years I owned it.
Yep, I second the brazing
A D should have an aluminum intake if its the stock one on it.
Wow! I am getting to be a REAL internet user! I saw manifold and looked right over "intake"! I'm sorry, it should be aluminum and probably needs to be tigged.
it was my exhaust that had been brazed after it had been broke from driving under a low roof by previous owner. It would be worth having some one aluminum weld it up for you depending on the nature of the problem. The used ones I looked up are around $200
If you don't want to take it off, use silicone gasket maker. It's only engine vacuum, no throttle plate so the air filter is the only restriction.