Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C 3-point hitch

DirtyHoe · 2016-11-13 14:24

I'm thinking of buying a 3-point hitch and have a few questions. This has been sitting outside for years and all the control handle linkages are frozen. All the moving parts will need to be taken apart and refurbished. The bracket to mount the controls is missing along with the top and bottom mounting pins. What is this worth? 1. Says its a 580B, but it looks like a 580D(will it fit a 580C)? 2. Do the hydraulics attach like the backhoe or do I need extra components? 3. No box scraper. How hard are they to find? Typical cost? 4. Do I have to stick with the Case brand box scraper to fit? Steve

Replies4
  1. #1Grady2016-11-13 21:45

    I saw one a while back that was in the $700 range if I'm remembering right but I've also seen just the valves go for more than that. I'm pretty sure that parts are unavailable through Case so might want to check on anything that can't be easily fabricated but it looks pretty complete from here. I think originally these pulled their hydraulic oil from the shuttle instead of the reservoir for the loader but someone more versed in the Case ag line could tell you better. Most 3 point attachments are interchangeable.

  2. #2sheepfoot2016-11-13 22:23

    That's a nice find, it's worth up to $2500-4000.00 to someone looking to have a 3-point unit to fit a b/c/d/e machine. The unit has the top frame links on the ground and it looks like the main hoses look to maybe there to. It hooks to the hydraulic quick connects when the hoe is removed. You have to loop your hoses when you remove the hoe to move it to prevent a possible pump failure/blown hose also. The bad is you will not have a PTO to run a mower if you needed to. The units were sold with a heavy duty box blade most of the time, some with a ripper and hyd rollover box, with hyd down pressure also.

  3. #3DirtyHoe2016-11-13 23:29

    It looks like two styles of valves were available and this one has the flow control regulator. What is it used for? The links look like the same as I have on the backhoe. Maybe the pins would work? The bottom ones are missing. Is there enough extra oil to run a hydraulic motor style mower like how the skidsteers work? I didn't find much info on compatibility of non-Case attachments. Others said it not "standard" in terms of regular AG 3-point systems: Category Tractor HP Top Link Pin Diameter* Lift Arm Pin Diameter 0 Up to 20 5⁄8 in 5⁄8 in 1 20 to 45 3⁄4 in 7⁄8 in 2 40 to 100 1 in 1⅛ in 3 80 to 225 1¼ in 1 7⁄16 in 4 180 + 1 3⁄4 in 2 in So is it reasonably simple(new pins & bushings) to hook up a different brand attachment or is it a much bigger job? Steve

  4. #4xgiovannix122016-11-15 19:19

    hate the idea of removing the hoe for the 3 pt hitch I have a separate tractor for that does this place have other parts as well ? Im always looking for parts for my 580c