Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where is the CAB RELAY

reevesjo ยท 2016-11-13 19:42

1990 Case 580K Back Hoe. Where is the Cab Relay? Item #7 on the Electrical Diagram points to the general area of the right rear wheel.

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2016-11-13 21:36

    Your main relay is next to the fuse panel. It's mounted on the lt hand side facing it. You should be able to just see it with the fuse box cover off. Most times it's easier to remove the side cover to gain access to it. It will take a good hour of some pain to do it. Always unhook the battery ground first and be careful of watches and rings if you try it leaving the cover in place. Do you have a open or cab with doors.

  2. #2reevesjo2016-11-13 22:56

    Thanks sheepfoot. Open cab with ROPS so there is a roof, but no windshield or side panels. None of the lights are working. Just beginning to trouble shoot. There was a corroded loose wire on the ignition switch that kept it from starting a couple of weeks ago. I fixed that with a new female spade terminal. Plan on checking the rest of the switch wires and then the cab relay to find where the missing 12vdc power is or was. It sets outside year around. I keep a plastic tub over the instrument panel and that helps. I have a factory manual with all of the wiring diagrams but the wire colors are faded, so that makes it a little difficult to trouble shoot.

  3. #3reevesjo2016-11-15 09:03

    Thanks sheepfoot again. I found the relay. Both + & - wires to the relay solenoid were corroded. After cleaning them, I heard the solenoid "click". Now the work and flashing lights work like they should. I really appreciate forums like this. I live out in the "boonies" and it would cost a fortune to get service people to fix minor problems. I have the "big" factory service manual with all of the electrical schematics. A little difficult for an ex toolmaker to follow sometimes. My perseverance (bull headedness) helps. Thanks again, Joe

  4. #4justgettingby2024-01-13 18:07

    Hoping to resurrect this thread, Sheepfoot just to confirm you are calling the "main relay" and the Case schematic designation "cab relay (#7)" the same thing ? If so I could use some help with the designation for two additional relays one is located just to the left of the steering column under the panel of the switches for the lights and flashers the other is located under the main console panel on the right side of the operator's seat. Any help would be appreciated.