After some thought of trying to re-seal and doing the work myself and not really knowing what to look for inside on things that might be bad, I decided to start finding hydraulic places close by that do these. The first place I called asked what it was doing, and I said leaking a little on top of spools and hoe doesnt seem to have much power. He went on to tell me nothing inside of control valve is gonna give or take away digging power. The pump has control over that?? I find this hard to believe this is true right??? Do I stay clear of this place? I mean I know nothing about this subject but I was told that there are adjustments you can make to increase or decrease pressure at the control valve so how couldn't it have an effect on digging power. Wish there was a video out there on disassembly cleaning and reassembly cuz i'm 80% sure i could do it just afraid of passing up something that's actually wore or bad and putting it all back together to then find it out.
They could be correct but to really know you need to hook a gauge to it to tell. usually a leaking o-ring around the plunger doesnt decrease digging unless it leaks so bad it is creating a significant pressure drop. the adjustments being referred to are the relief valves and are usually only adjusted if the valve body or spool is ever serviced. I could be a stuck relief valve but the chances of all of the reliefs being stuck and all of the valves leaking that bad are slim to none but like i said a gauge will tell you everything. You may want to call them and see if the can come check the pressures for you or if you can bring it in to them and have it checked there. your best bet would be to get a hold of the dealer or a reputable equipment repair shop and have them look at it
Yeah it's definately coming off. No I wasnt referring to the leak on top of spools as the loss of power.. They are all leaking but very little. But to say nothing within the control valve gives or takes power seemed odd but like i said I have alot to learn. I have gauge coming thurs or friday. But also he did say about the linkage being worn and not opening and/or closing all the way. I know for a fact that that is a problem cuz i looked last night and I have quite a bit of play so maybe they arent opening all the way
i forgot about linkages but that is a very good possibility too that is one of the nice things about pilot systems and drive by wire lol
The digging or main relief pressure is controlled by the main relief in the loader control valve and needs checked with a gage. There is an oring in the loader control that sends the flow to the backhoe valve and if there is a difference in pressure front to back the Power beyond oring should be replaced. All secondaries in the hoe body should be over system pressure except the boom down pressure which is lower for safety concerns so unless the orings are blown usually don't cause problems. There is a special fixtire to screw the valves into for testing with a handpump to isolate faults or reset to specs. Get pressure readings n get back to us. Mel.
This is what the 580C service manual says to check if the loader is good but the hoe is not. At first, I thought that mine seemed low on power but now that I've learned a few things about how to operate the controls it seems adequate. (Like make sure the teeth are angled in the direction of travel and the correct combination of pulling, lifting, curling) I never operated a backhoe before this one so don't have anything to compare it to. Another thing I noticed is that when I do something it doesn't like, I can feel the injector pump pick up load and the exhaust thickens up. Not a real accurate, but I figure it must be pushing out some pressure if its trying to pull the engine down.
I had started pulling mine down to reseal. Got to the point that oil was just poring out most of the control valves. Also, I started having problems with the boom drifting to the left and the boom was just dropping down on it's own fast. Had little to no digging power. I hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree.
Mine is weak no doubt.. Im gonna gauge it first to check pump out and work my way back.. I'm pretty sure this hoe shouldnt have trouble breaking a 2 1/2" diameter root at 3ft away from the stump in fairly wet soil. It struggles badly. stops the bucket dead and boggs engine down. I also probably have to figure out why Tach quit working and get it working again for these pressure tests. The hoe works descently at first start up for about 20 min. then it weakens the warmer it gets to the point I have to shut it down for awhile .
The tack is ran by a spinning cable. If you disconnect it from the engine and hook up a drill, spin it to see if the cable didn't break. You might have to disconnect it at the tack to check it there too! My hoe is not that weak. I been using it, working it hard. I saw that it has lost power over time. So, I'm hoping that with all the oil leaks I have and resealing everything, it will act right. I have no problem with the front bucket. Has all the power it needs. Sp, I'm sure it is nothing to do with the pump.
Well i never thought of that. My front is strong so that would probably rule out the pump right.. Well i guess the gage testing will tell.
If the bucket quits moving and the engine loses speed you may not be getting full throttle for maximum power. It could even be a governor problem in the injector pump. If you roll back the front end loader bucket all the way back and hold the lever does the engine lose speed ? A lot of water in the hydraulic oil may be the problem. Did you ever flush the hydraulic system and get clean oil and a clean filter in it ? That should be a top priority thing to do.
ummmmmm no I havent only because of my leakin cyl's i used to have and all the oil I bought from local store i was told that it wasnt very good oil. So while i was adding everyday with bad cyl's I still had 30 some gallon left so I just did the typical drain and changed filter only removing some of the water. I was told to go with like a coastal brand R/O is quite a bit better than what I had bought before.