Hi Guys I recently purchased a 580k and it seems to have a shuttle problem. Forward takes a few seconds to engage but reverse seems to work fine. sometimes I need to run up rpms to get forward to engage. I was wondering how hard it is to remove the shuttle for repair. The backhoe has about 4600 hrs. Thanks for any help you can give.
Less than a hour to remove, check the oil level at the dipstick above the starter, engine running, shifter FNR in N. Then check the linkage to the shuttle and make sure the solenoid is tight against the linkage plate. You should do a stall test if possible, does your tach work? and a pressure check if you have a gauge, you could have a converter/charge pump/ forward clutch pack leakage or spring getting ready to fail. They are not bad to repair but you should do the stall and pressure check if possible before removing so you have some extra info to look for.
thanks sheepfoot, I am just ok with mechanical stuff but my son is a diesel mechanic and will help with the shuttle repair. Ill run your response by him so he understands what he is up to.. thanks again for the response