Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c backhoe forks

utahjd1 · 2020-02-04 07:32

been looking for actual fork attachment for my 580c can’t find any. I’ve been using the Triton forks but they are a pain the Butt. Anyone have a lead on one or any good custom built ones?

Replies18
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-04 11:06

    Are you looking for forks that mount on the front-end loader bucket ? The options are almost unlimited. https://www.google.com/search?q=fro...WCB80KHf0LBAoQ_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1280&bih=578 Or forks that require a quick detach like a skid steer uses ?

  2. #2utahjd12020-02-04 13:27

    After this..... I want to ditch the front bucket (heavy 4 in 1) so I have extra lifting power

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-02-04 13:53

    Nice set-up. The only problem is the time consuming way it takes to mount and demount. But, if you don't use the loader bucket it isn't really a problem. Here is link to CL Fab. Their logo is on the fork attachment in the photo you posted. Email them and send that photo of the 580E for more information. https://clfab.com/

  4. #4Bls repair2020-02-04 16:51

    Going to be light in the front for driving down the road. If need be you can make counterweight for the front that you carry on the forks.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2020-02-04 20:29

    Is this something like what you are looking for? This is just one there are many others. You can check ebay.com, amazon.com or just google backhoe pallet forks.

  6. #6Legdoc2020-02-04 20:56

    I have the hook type set as in Coy's post. It came with my 580M when purchased new. the forks are weak and one was bent easily. they are welded mild steel channel not forged. I purchased an old 8K Hyster fork lift to salvage the forged forks as a replacement. This system has otherwise worked well. No pins or need to get out of the seat to attach.

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2020-02-04 23:02

    Yeah those forks are kind of weak. The other forks should work great if long enough.

  8. #8Welder Dave2020-02-05 03:31

    There's flip over forks that use actual fork lift tines. The problem is if you need maximum lift capacity and/or visibility.

  9. #9Willie B2020-02-05 07:05

    Mine are fabricated, look like this. If I park them where it's flat I can just pick them up and go. The down side is I can't see from the driver's seat what I'm doing. I wish I had Quick Tatch.

  10. #10Legdoc2020-02-05 08:22

    I think any machine with the motor up front will block your view. But, on a TLB the forks come in handy despite their limitations. No problems with seeing what you are doing with forks on my CTL.

  11. #11Tinkerer2020-02-05 10:00

    I have often wondered if a automotive remote back-up camera would help with bucket mounted forks. I ran a Caterpillar 950 with bucket forks at work once, and it was horrible-- not being able to see the forks.

  12. #12digger242j2020-02-05 17:59

    A potential problem I can see with that is how useful the bucket can be to stabilize the machine when you're into any kind of real digging with the hoe. You're either going to sacrifice that capability, or worse, forget the forks are on there and bust them all up.

  13. #13Willie B2020-02-05 19:32

    Most of the time digging I fill the front bucket. At home I keep a boulder I can scoop. When not at home, I find something heavy to put in the bucket. It is not the tractor hood blocking my view, it's the loader bucket. My machine doesn't have Quick tach. My forks are with the bucket in place. They are perfect with a spotter to direct.

  14. #14Tenwheeler2020-02-11 20:36

    These came with the hoe. I used them today. If they were shorter , in height, I am not sure I could see the tips. Lift height and capacity, on the heavy 680 bucket are limited. Easy to use just drive into them and roll the bucket. Then throw the chains around the back of the bucket. Do not know were you could buy any of this old stuff but can give you dimensions if wanted. I know it looks bad but I bought it years ago and used it to clear land. That paid for it! It sat too long and we have been working on it for a while. Had to pack 6 cylinders so far. A good bit of fuel system work. Hoses and electrical work. It lives again! Tough old machines but the three stick hoe was not like riding a bicycle.

  15. #15Coy Lancaster2020-02-11 21:53

    Those look like they are for a wheel loader and not a backhoe.

  16. #16Case580King2020-02-12 16:57

    I always hit up my [email protected] at Zbox for any parts I need for my 580. They're the new guys on the block so they always give the best price and help me find the right part for my machine.

  17. #17Willie B2020-02-12 19:55

    16 years into two Case 580 K Construction King TLB tractors, Each time I've tried to buy components other than from a dealer, they have dropped the ball. When I've tried to buy bushing, seal & pin for any joint they can't supply some component. My Case dealer has the part in my hands in 24 hours. Cylinder kits never are complete from aftermarket sources. From Case they are complete & fit. I have owned John Deere, Cat owners report a less favorable experience. I can call my Case dealer, I no longer have to give them my serial #, They have it. They tell me what I need. I feel I pay a bit for their expertise. I get my moneys worth.

  18. #18Grady2020-02-13 08:14

    Both Case and John Deere dealerships are very competent and professional around here but I'm always amazed at the prices. I figure I make up for the extra cost by picking their brains for help on repairs, etc. utahjd1, if you're looking to sell your bucket, I might be interested if it isn't as rusty as mine.