I had a brake hose blow on my 580c backhoe so I looked it up online and they wanted 75 bucks plus 15 bucks to ship it. I really didn't want to pay 90 bucks so I went to nappa and they matched it up with a 1974 maverick for 11 bucks. It took a couple of adapter fittings so the total to replace the hose and 2 ft. of line was 18 bucks. a lot of difference in cost. I first took it to advance auto and they were lost, the Nappa guys are the best when it comes to figuring stuff out and happy to help do it. Just saying
Good thinking I would have done the same, you know lots of parts interchange its just us not knowing what fits what, case I don't think or any other company would have spent money or time designing a part so simple, I've read on this site where the master cylinders from a certain auto/truck would fit this machine, be good if we had a data base to show us , DW
I've been redoing all of the wiring in my 580C, and anything electrical related in there has some crazy prices as well, compared to what you can find if you do some searching around in the right places. The alternator is over $100, but at most local auto parts stores, under $40 for the exact same thing. Another example, the Neutral switch connector (pigtail) is around $20 shipped, or more, where you can find it. That Delphi 56 series connector and a couple of pins costs around a buck, or half that pigtail cost once shipped. Of course they are best done with a $90 crimping tool, but can be fudged with pliers if needed. If you ever redo any major bit of wiring in there and need to keep some of the original connectors, then even factoring in the cost of a decent set of crimpers and getting most all of the connectors and pins new it's still much, much less expensive and time consuming than trying to find any of it already made up, plus then you can make up some cabling that just isn't available anymore at all or even a more customized wiring layout for this or that. I redid the molded bullet style connectors with the newer Delphi Wetherpack ones (for the 15A and under circuits) as those old molded things are just kind of awful from the start and reusing them means a pile of splicing is needed, and after 4 decades of dirt, oil, vibration and who knows how many other people rewiring things in there, they're usually in need of some attention anyway.
Update for future readers. Found a $10 hose that will work on a 580c for the hose that goes between the slave cylinder and the steel line. No fittings needed and it’s only $10. Sunsong 2203575 on Amazon
That's why I love this site...I've got the floor pan removed for the transaxle rebuild and noticed brake hoses were a little rough,cheapest I found searching 580c parts was around 30+ bucks apiece...thought about napa route,but where do you start? And just like that..bam...old buick hoses will work.....thanks D..
Rockauto has it also $10.
. I have edited the part number to this sunsong 2203082. The 3057 has the wrong thread pitch on one end.
that would have been an awesome update before I ordered 2..
Where are you getting the Delphi 56 series connectors? I need to do the wiring on my 580C too. For some reason there is a piece of Romex in there. The only thing I have wired is the Alternator & Starter and the starter is a wire running down the side of the 580 with alligator clips to start it.