Hello yaw!! I’m trying get out from underwater on this here 580ck 1977 model backhoe. I’m new to this forum and would like some input. The swing tower and main boom bushings are the most worn I’ve ever seen. I can get a 580d swing tower in excellent shape. However I can not find any info on if they will swap and what has to be done. It appears the bottom pin on the 580d frame to swing tower is tapered. I’m thinking a bushing kit for the d installed on the ck frame may work. Does anyone know about this swap or has anyone done one?
Methinks ifn you provide serial numbers for both machines some of the smart fellers on here can tell you an educated answer
Not sure it would be possible.
I'd think a few measurements and just looking at the 2 swing towers will tell you pretty quick if they're the same.
I have my 580c here at house the other unit is about 2 hours from me and I will have to buy it. I did get measurements off of mine yesterday as far as mounting dimensions and pin sizes. I have no doubt I can make it work, I’m just not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Line boring the one you have may be a better option. Especially if the pins and bushings in the 580D has any wear on them. After line boring you will have a tower as good as a new one.