Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c case backhoe

RS57 · 2024-02-24 18:45

Just put new fan belt on my backhoe 580C Have done it several times over the years noticed when I move the alternator belt when tight Crankshaft pulley moves about a 1/2” Anyone have any ideas or had this problem before thanks ?

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-02-24 21:13

    In and out, or up and down ? Is it tight on the crankshaft ?

  2. #2RS572024-02-25 00:44

    Tinkerer I put on new belt started making kind of a knocking sound . Checked alternator with stethoscope Making noise thought may be bad bearings . Belt good and tight just turned alt. With belt had a about 1/2 “ play Thought it was problem with loose pulley but when I shined light down there could see shaft moving. Does not look like it’s moving back and forth seems to stay stationary Just has that 1/2 “ of give back and forth when you turn it thanks for any ideas .