Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c face lift

utahjd1 · 2023-08-06 17:46

Insane what paint and decals will do to an old machine. Been dumping some money into it this summer just ordered a 12’ high by 12x20 car port so it doesn’t live outside in the weather. Still need to paint the buckets and rims and the inside of the cab

Replies7
  1. #1nova4812023-08-06 17:54

    WOW, nice job.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-08-06 19:25

    Very nice! I don't think most people would be too concerned with priming and painting the buckets. A 4 in 1 bucket on a 580C can't very common. Did you sandblast it prior to painting?

  3. #3utahjd12023-08-06 19:29

    I added the 4 in 1 a few years ago because the original bucket got trashed by previous owners. This backhoe is pretty much retired I would love to by a 580l but don’t need it so I’m going to take care of what I have.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-08-06 20:01

    Did you find a used 4 in 1 from a 580C or did you have to modify the bucket to fit? Looks like you did some welding of the loader boom by the pivot pin?

  5. #5utahjd12023-08-06 21:45

    I believe the one I found came from a e which is a direct pin up. I couldn’t fine the correct valve body at the time so I tied into the curl function with an electric solenoid. Hasn’t bothered me enough to change it.

  6. #6edgephoto2023-08-06 22:43

    Nice!!

  7. #7Steve Favia2023-08-07 07:48

    Wow great job!