Good evening gents. My injection pump has given me given more grief than a man should live with. Pump was rebuilt so I did not think it was the problem but for the life of me I could not get it timed, like at all. The drive shaft felt solid but perhaps it had jumped a tooth or 10? Pulled the cover off and wiggled the gear and what falls into my hand, the nut and washer. Now that I have found the problem I just figured it needed a new woodruff key? Wrong. After looking at the channel in the gear it looked good so the shaft was next on the operating table. Well I was looking for the groove to accept a new woodruff key instead I got a hole in the shaft!!! I've scoured the innerweb to find something that fits this hole and sits in the gear groove, nothing. Any idea's what would be the correct part? Thanks for looking...D
I feel your pain, DanD. Once you remove the side panels or lift the hood on that yellow iron, all you find inside is broken dreams and promises. Welcome to the HEF. Good to have you.
I’ve got the pin.. would u like 1 or how about the p# & u can source one locally..
Just a question for the pump guy it looks like a step in the bore in the gear is that normal?
The # is: Stanadyne 19921 roll pin.
It looks as tho your pump might have seized and the gear stripped the roll pin out.. Looking carefully, it looks like the rest of the pin is stuck in the gear..?? It also looks like the pin gouged a “line/ring” around the gear.??
You're correct, the pump did seize about 6 months ago, sent it to you for a rebuild/ replacement. I'll take a closer look at the gear tonight. If you can help me out with the pin I wouls appreciate it. Also looks like I need a "special" tool for install? Thanks, Dan
Ur gonna have to reach in with a punch and knock the rest of the pin out.. THEN, use a file to clean up the burrs.. Send me your address in a prvt msg. & I’ll send you a pin.