Sorry for the same question but, what’s the risk of running the backhoe without it. It runs so good without it. I haven't run it that much, maybe a half hour. Thanks Ron
If you run it long like that you risk destroying the pump completely, it is telling you that the fibre ring that joins the governor ring to the drive is deteriorating and the pieces of the ring are packing the restrictor fitting causing the cavity of the pump to pressurize and shutting it down. The head of the pump will be destroyed, the most costly part in the pump, once they seize they cannot be repaired. There are men on this forum who specialize in just those repairs, they provide free info and I'm putting a plug in for them.
If you can remove the pump top cover and look for a bunch of coffee ground looking crap,that's what's left of the deteriorated flex ring..When you decide to rebuild or have it rebuilt there's an upgraded 1 piece governor weight basket that will eliminate this problem in the future...
The rpm’s will start to rise, slowly at first.. then more rapidly and at some point u won’t be able to shut it off and it’ll throw a rod thru the block.. So, at the first sign of the rpm’s rising and it surging.. get it to a place u can work on it (pull the pump) Just remember, the longer you wait, the more damage your doing to the inside of the pump..
Thanks guys for the quick replies. I’m not going to use it until I fix it. I’d love to pull the pump and send it to thepumpguy for rebuild but, that might be beyond me with timing and bleeding the injectors. There’s been an ad on my local Craigslist from a heavy equipment mechanic, maybe I’ll see what he wants to replace the pump. I think we have another stimulus check coming, I’ll use it to stimulate my backhoe. Thanks again Ron
The biggest lag is shipping.. If u send it 2nd day, I’ll knock it out in 2.. and have it back on and running before you know it.. I keep the parts in stock..
Thanks, pumpguy, there’s certainly no hurry. I have to find someone to remove the pump.