Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310SG sudden loss of power

Armymutt ยท 2021-04-10 19:19

I worked the machine for about an hour or so - dug out a tree and then started grading a pad for a barn. I headed down the hill to get a load of fill dirt, shifted gear to get there a little faster. Went to dig into the dirt pile and shifted into a lower gear. Suddenly, I had a major power loss. Pedal floored, the engine maxed out at 1650RPM, and dropped quickly to 1600. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?

Replies3
  1. #1cosmaar12021-04-10 23:22

    I will ask the obvious.... fuel in the tank? If there is a fuel/water separator, is it packed up with dirt? Fuel filter clogged? Hydraulic fluid reservoir tank full?

  2. #2Armymutt2021-04-11 16:13

    Looks like the fuel filter was clogged. Replaced it this morning and it's been running fine.

  3. #3cosmaar12021-04-11 16:23

    If I had to guess, going fast jarred a lot of the crud in the tank loose and then got sucked up into the fuel system.