Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c rear tires

Bill95709 · 2024-11-08 21:37

My 580 case has 17-5-L24 can I use 19.5 L24 tires?

Replies13
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-11-09 07:43

    Yes, if you have the correct wheel for them. The 17.5's are usually on a narrower wheel from the factory. I wouldn't put 19.5's on them.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-11-10 01:00

    19.5's they recommend 16" rims. 17.5's use a 15" wide rim. So sorry the other thread got so messed up.

  3. #3Bill957092024-11-10 01:03

    Ok, I’ve found some 16.9-24 tires. How will they work in place of the 17.5L-24 Ty bill

  4. #4Bill957092024-11-10 01:04

    There doesn’t seem like a lot of size difference

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-11-10 01:13

    They will work fine on 15" rims.

  6. #6Bill957092024-11-10 01:25

    What if I had a 16.9 one side and 17.5 on the other side. Not good I’d guess. Ty

  7. #7Bill957092024-11-10 01:32

    I had this sent to me about comparing 19.5-24,17.5 and 16.9-24. It’s good information

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-11-10 02:05

    That is an excellent link you were sent. I'd compare prices. The 17.5 having a wider footprint could be very beneficial if you ever work on softer ground or have to deal with mud. I'd change both tires. If 1 tire is still in decent shape the tire shop may take in trade or you could sell it yourself. There are always people looking for 1 tire that are on a budget. Consider that new tires increase the value of your backhoe and will outlast you.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2024-11-10 09:36

    Why are you playing with sizes? Are they unavailable? I just checked with my zip as I don’t know yours and I see you’re in California, so I don’t know if that’s a problem but Simpletire has 17.5Lx24 and quite a bit of them. I got 2 Maxdura 17.5Lx24 this summer and love them so far. I did get a great deal but the site currently shows them available for 436$ and I did pay a 50 dollar set delivery price to me. Good luck.

  10. #10Bill957092024-11-10 16:32

    Harley. I found simple tire and looks like I may be able to get a 17.5 for around $600 shipped to me,that’s wonderful. I’d think installation would be around $200. That sure beats the $1,500 les Schwab wants. looks like I may be ordering one. Thank you so much. Also Welder Dave thanks also for your replies back to me. I’d have to say being a member of this forum is great.

  11. #11Bill957092024-11-10 16:44

    the manufacturer choices are Dee stone. Harvest king, Bkt, alliance or advance I’m thinking Dee Stone they seem to be the least expensive

  12. #12Welder Dave2024-11-10 20:43

    I'd see if there are any reviews of the tires online. Least expensive isn't always the best option. It can be though but depends on how much less they are.

  13. #13HarleyHappy2024-11-11 13:16

    DeeStone tires are not bad at all. We have a place in Epsom that sells used equipment and I have seen DeeStone tires on some of the equipment and they look good, nice tread. Thats the only thing that irritates me a little with my new tires. They turn up a bit of dirt and going down the road or driveway at speed, it rocks side to side and makes a thump, Trump, thump sound and feel.