After using the machine for several hours the right brake pedal now goes to the floor. What should I look for when I inspect it. Didn't have time today so maybe tomorrow. Thanks
I seemed to have missed this posting. Oil in the master cylinder OK? If not, where has oil gone, leaking master? slave? fluid line leak? blown flex hose? or rusted steel line? If you pump it up, will it hold pedal height with pressure applied? Tried adjustment? When you take a look it should be obvious.
Thanks alrman. I haven't made it to the machine yet but when I tried to pump it continues to the floor. I hope to get to look at it this weekend.
Sometimes My 580C (new to me) right brake goes to the floor and sometimes its OK. I crawled under and saw new lines and hoses, so the PO tried to fix it. (He told me it needed brakes when I purchased it.) I noticed that when it does go to the floor, if I try different combinations of appling the park brake and the normal brake that the pedal comes back to normal and is good for a while. I think it mechanicaly sticks applied and when doing so gives a low pedal because the slave isnt really pushing on anything.
580C takes brake fluid not oil. Try bleeding first. Check for leaks. Possibly a master cylinder or wheel cylinder. If neither are rusty internally, both can be rebuilt for next to nothing.
Toughest part is getting the floor out. It makes it a lot easier to work on everything once it's out.
Pull the seat out, then the floor. This makes getting to the brakes much easier. The master cylinders just have an O ring in them, a rebuild kit isn't really necessary for $25. The slave cylinders have O rings also. They are a poor design for sure. I got about 2 years from mine when I rebuilt them last time. Joe Hynes