I have a 580c with the Nippondenso type starter. It has started tripping the 40 amp breaker when I try to start it. Have had the starter and battery checked. All of the wiring in the starter circuit seems to be ok. What am I missing?
Is the starter spinning when this happens?
No. The breaker trips when I push the starter button.
Right off the bat I would suggest checking that the starting system is still wired right. You've checked the battery and the starter. If something got crossed it could cause this problem. Hopefully somebody with experience on your specific machine will chime in.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll explore that possibly.
remove the small switched control wire from the solenoid. Try to start it. If it still trips you have a short. If it doesn't trip, your solenoid coil could be burned up, get another solenoid, or check the ohms of the solenoid against a similar solenoid.
Thanks