hello everyone this is my first time to this site and im hoping someone can help me. I have diesel fuel in my engine, when I started it the fuel poured out through the dipstick hole. I just spent $2300 to rebuild my injector pump and I don't see a primer pump anywhere.
Your seals on the pump shaft may be missing/cut/rolled. Did you send the pump in with the shaft to be rebuilt or just the pump?. Did you install the two butterfly seals on the shaft if only the pump was repaired and did you turn them away from each other. One holds fuel in and the other keeps engine oil out. Those seals can tare even with the install tool while your stretching them some times, and you can roll the fuel side seal some times with the right tool also. Kind of think your going to have to pull the pump off again and take a look if you did the seal install.
thanks sheepfoot, i contacted thr company that rebuilt the pump and thats what he said,he will send out his repairman next week to reinstall the pump