Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 310e differential locking rear.

ReggioConstr ยท 2014-09-04 11:19

Hello, looking for some advice on my 2000 310e backhoe. About two days ago we were running the machine down the road. When I went to turn the machine wouldn't. It kept going straight. The differential locked on. The front wheels turned fine. Just the rears were locked. So I put it into reverse and it unlocked. Didn't happen again till end of day. Now it happen every 30 min or so. I tried the 4x4 switch on and off and the brakes separately and nothing changes. Is there something electronic I can in plug somewhere to see if this changes? The foot button is missing just the plug is on floor. Can or should I cut the plug and twist wires together. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Moonlite2014-09-04 21:18

    Dont cut the wires. You should have a relay that you can pull out.

  2. #2ReggioConstr2014-09-04 21:22

    I did find a fuse in the fuse box. It's shared with the. 4x4 fuse. I did notice after posting this that after it locks up going into reverse sometimes unlocked it. Then also switching 4x4 on and off it also in locked it. Now trying to figure out if there's a selinoid or something on top of rear that works differential that I can in plug?