Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C tranny/shuttle problems

94SKgary ยท 2012-02-19 19:45

HI guys i am working on my 77 580C 2 wheel drive shuttle its a borg warner velvet shift S.N A574002 .my question is does anyone on this site have or know were to get the output shaft planetary set and the the bell/drum that they run in. I have checked on new but 541.50 is alittle out of line i think. but it may be the only route i have but i hope not.any help would be well appreciated.:Banghead

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2012-02-20 06:50

    $541 ....... Thats a Bargain !....... I would buy 2 & keep a spare! I think the last time I bought one I payed over $1000 ....... grin & bear it 94SK gary!

  2. #2Goose2012-02-20 19:18

    I agree with Arlman. That is a good price for the output shaft assembly.

  3. #394SKgary2012-02-20 22:12

    HI guys i have now learned that 541.00 is a good price for that one peace but what they call the ring gear that the output shaft goes in is over 1000.00 .so now what we have found is the whole complete unit rebuilt for 1,800.00 that is converter, bellhousing,new cutout solanoid/and shuttle. but thanks for the replies guys . I know on thing i hope the 580sk tranny dont go out i here its 7-8 thousand for it.:beatsme