This feels like a dumb question, but I'm getting ready to reinstall cylinder head and rocker arm assembly. The shop manual says to find TCD using the timing pointer through the flywheel housing opening. I can't seem to find the opening. Can anyone help. Them manual only shows a cryptic picture and no locator on the engine. Case 580CK G188D Engine Thanks, MarkS
Hello Mark.......Below are a couple pics: In this pic, you see a cover held down by two bolts.....in the lower left of the pic. Ignore the blue tape....a temporary way to keep the mud dobbers from packing the holes with crapola. I remember taking this cover off, but cant reacall if this is what you want, or if the next pics are the ones These two pics are on the other side of the tractor. There is a hole, which may be the timing inspection area. If so, can someone answer if there is supposed to be a rubber cover over this hole??
Thanks 1968 Case 580CK the circular hole is the right one. I don't know how I overlooked it. by the way, there is a metal plate that covers the hole (it is essentially a spring clip. It shows up as an A35216 Cover - timing hole in the illustrated parts catalogue. Regards, MarkS
Thanks Mark.....I just received a used one in superb conditon from Dale of TractorStuff in Indianna.....he has a ton of used and new parts at great prices.....and he spends time with you to answer tough technical queistions. Great place to do business.
thanks for the lead, always looking for sources of used parts