i have an old 580 with the 188 diesel motor.i have a horrible oil leak that looks like it’s coming from the pan gasket with the oil dripping off drain plug.Can someone let me know we’re th common places are that these things leak.I just can’t figure it out, and at -25c it’s awfully cold laying under her .Also , I see I have some diesel leaking around the fuel rail, can the rubber hose pcs be repaired and if so how .
The easiest way to find the leak is.. go get a case of "brake clean".. a pack of green scouring pads & a bottle of baby powder & go to work on the oil pan.. spray it down w/ brake kleen & dry it off.. {I stole this from one of our members} Once the pan is clean & dry, sprinkle it down w/ the baby powder & run the engine & watch for the leak..{works} As far as the "fuel rail" leak.. I'm assuming ur talking about the rubber return lines that link the injector to injector.?? Depending on which type u have, it could be the "rubber" line has gotten brittle or a rubber "olive seal" has gotten brittle.. Theres no "trick".. u just tighten it up or replace it.. IF u don't wanna wait for it to leak>> AFTER sprinkling it w. baby powder, use some shop air in the dip stick tube to force it to leak.. BE CAREFUL.!! use about 3 psi of air.. U DONT wanna blow out the pan gasket.!!!
How horrible is horrible? is the fluid engine oil or hydraulic oil? they run a wet converter and it may be your converter seal is leaking a bit and has filled the converter space, forcing oil out, pull that drain plug and see what's in there.