Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck injection pump question

Eric a1cnc · 2022-11-14 15:02

Now that summer is over I am back working on my 580. I am putting the injection pump back together with a 1 piece weight retainer. There is a larger gap between the Cam ring and the 1 piece weight retainer than there was with the original. The injection pump is a DBGFCC431-30AJ Is there supposed to be a larger gap? TIA for any help Eric

Replies14
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-11-15 05:17

    You’ll know if something is wrong if the C-clip won’t close up.. Good luck

  2. #2Eric a1cnc2022-11-15 08:00

    Thanks Pump guy, The c-clip will go on no problem. The original design plates have a recess milled into the back side and it sits nearly touching the cam ring where as the new design leaves 3/32" space. Just looked different and didn't want to put it together wrong

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-11-15 08:39

    What r u calling “plates”.? As long as it turns the full throw when the cam ball is in the c ring, your good..

  4. #4Eric a1cnc2022-11-15 09:32

    Maybe a picture will be better

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-11-15 09:49

    As long as it moves freely when it’s in the housing, you’ll be fine..

  6. #6thepumpguysc2022-11-15 09:51

    That thing looks pitted.!! What did the head and rotor look like.?? With water erosion like THAT.. your gonna need more parts than a weight retainer.!!!

  7. #7thepumpguysc2022-11-15 09:53

    At an absolute minimum .. Liner, blades, metering valve, dv and spring.. I’d be real interested in seeing the rotor..

  8. #8Eric a1cnc2022-11-15 10:33

    It got a new liner and blades, The rotor and the rest of the innards were apparently not subject to the water. No signs of pitting on anywhere else. I fully dis-assembled it and the outside was the only pitted spot. Pulled everything out, inspected/ cleaned in an ultrasonic. Metering valve and Delivery valves move free. Pulled out and inspected the bleed wire and cavity. Will be re-sealed with new stanadyne seal kit. Also adjusted the roller dimension. Hopefully I got everything. I did one last year and it's still running great on my dozer.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2022-11-15 10:37

    FYI.. if the rotor has lines worn in it going around.. chances are it’s not going to crank/start on its own .. Once it’s started, it’ll probably run fine..

  10. #10thepumpguysc2022-11-15 10:39

    Your cut’n in on my mailbox money son.!!! (Lmao)

  11. #11Eric a1cnc2022-11-15 10:41

    No competition here, Just using what I've learned from you. Big thank you to you

  12. #12thepumpguysc2022-11-15 10:45

    Lol.. u know I’m kidding right.? Kudos to u fir using what u learned. Like I usta say: Stick with me kid, I’ll learn ya sumpin..

  13. #13thepumpguysc2022-11-15 10:48

    Btw.. every pump has its own R/R dimension.. I hope yer not setting them all the same.?? It’ll only be the same if your doing the same pump model number.. (30AJ)

  14. #14Eric a1cnc2022-11-15 10:55

    I do know about the R/R dim being different thanks. So far both have been set for the 30AJ. The first time I put the one together for my dozer I didn't check the setting figuring it was right before. I couldn't get much power out of a newly rebuilt engine. Pulled the pump back off and checked the r/r dim and it was off a mile. Adjusted it to the spec, and WOW it really woke the dozer up. Oh, I know when I found someone to stick with.. Ur stuck with me now LOL