Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580CK parking brake

s1120 ยท 2010-05-13 12:13

OK, so Im looking over my old [1968] 580CK I picked up a little wile ago, and I see no form of parking brake on the tractor. Could someone clue me in on where it is, or more then lakly where it SHOULD be? Thanks!!

Replies5
  1. #1Phil2010-05-14 05:52

    I think I have a CK here with the parking brake you have. It's an early model , lacking the common 'handle' that lifts into a vertical position to lock. I will check it out and get back to you. Phil

  2. #2Phil2010-05-16 06:47

    Here are the pictures. The small lever on the floor is pushed forward to lock the left brake, once applied. Underneath the lever is attached to a 'notched' piece of flat bar that is hinged by a bolt at one end between the brake lever rods. I think I got this right, I didn't spend much time looking it over. Phil

  3. #3s11202010-05-16 07:08

    That be it!!!!! Thanks Phil!!!! I was looking all over for where that lever would be from the repair manual. Did not see where it would have been mounted... Guess thats why. It had a diferent setup! Thanks.

  4. #4REDDEATH2013-04-16 09:43

    test

  5. #5chase5462013-11-12 16:57

    I have half of this set up on mine. My service manual however shows a cable and lever. I wonder if I can convert it over to the cable?