Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck power shuttle fill level

Dwol ยท 2017-12-04 14:36

I am sure this has been answered, but I can't find it. Can someone please tell me how to read the dipstick for my 580ck? It has a small mark at the very tip, and a couple of scratches near the top. Where on the dipstick should I fill to?

Replies7
  1. #1Juskatla2017-12-04 22:48

    My shuttle dipstick had those fine mystery marks but I was never really sure how much to fill. After a complete shuttle oil change with the correct amount as indicated in the manual, I put a file mark where the level indicated and have used that ever since. On the rear diff/ trans dip stick, it had a mark a bit less than 1/2 way and I have used that for years. I'll have a look when I get back to the machine if you haven't figured them out yet.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-12-05 07:20

    This is from the 580CK service manual.

  3. #3Dwol2017-12-05 11:20

    I don't think this is for the power shuttle level, maybe the oil level for the engine? In addition, I don't think my 580 has a parking brake.

  4. #4Tinkerer2017-12-05 20:55

    No ,it is NOT for an engine.

  5. #5Dwol2017-12-06 16:33

    Ok, thanks Tinkerer. Just doesn't sound like what my dipstick is. I don't have any L or F, and there is no rubber plug. (only a notch at the very end of the dipstick) Maybe this was on the later model??

  6. #6Tinkerer2017-12-06 21:48

    You most likely have a replacement dipstick from who knows what and it was too long, so it was cut and shortened. Not an uncommon thing to do.

  7. #7Billrog2017-12-06 21:59

    That looks very similar to one I had once and I think if you estimate the depth it's going into the housing you'll find full is very near the bottom of the stick.