Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck power shuttle filter crossreference

SCISSOR69 ยท 2016-06-17 07:34

i'M Hunting a replacement locally for the cartridge #A10059, anyone know of another part # from , NAPA, WIX, ETC? iTS A 1968 , 188 D

Replies14
  1. #1onemank62016-06-17 21:34

    scis I dont know the exact# from napa but thats whats in mine and napa looked it up for me thats where i buy all my filters for mine.........good luck

  2. #2lantraxco2016-06-17 22:07

    A10059 = NAPA: TWD S423 That's the fiber element for the breather, is that what you're looking for? The power shuttle oil element that goes in the housing in the cooler lines is A39578 or a NAPA Gold 1518

  3. #3SCISSOR692016-06-20 07:07

    580ck power shuttle filter To clarify what I'm hunting- When you depress the clutch an the left side of the tractor, the pedal is pushing a cam in, which pushes in a spool on what they call the power shuttle, it makes the clutch engage and disengage. At the same level on this tractor, on the right side-If you depress the brake pedals-there is a 4 bolt cap, This filter goes there. The diameter of the filter is about 2.250'' x 7'' long. When I got this tractor, every thing was messed up. There was no filter in this container, so I don't know what the exact filter looks like. Also, on the inside of the 4 bolt cap is a drilled and tapped hole, which is missing some sort of filter retaining bolt and clip. I will check the NAPA GOLD 1518. If anyone has a picture of what this bolt and clip looked like , that would be helpful. and also, was there a spring also that pushed in on the filter?

  4. #4fast_st2016-06-20 08:06

    Sounds like a strainer for the power shuttle? I've changed filters on mine but haven't heard of this one, maybe something I missed.

  5. #5Juskatla2016-06-20 11:45

    Is this just the tractor or is it the backhoe model? If its the backhoe model, the shuttle filter is in front of the radiator. Case # A36524 which changes up to A39578. The parts manual shows A39578 in the housing on the torque tube with the standard clutch. I have a 580CK TLB and the shuttle filter is in front of the radiator. The other housing is empty as its not used in that application. I'll post a picture of all the filters for the 580CK TLB and their Case #s. Any decent auto supply can cross them to various brands, My Case dealer supplies Fleetguard for my needs. In my picture, its HF6013 made by Hydraulic Filtration and branded Fleetguard. Others are likely the same supplier. So, if you have the TLB, there won't be anything in that housing. A Parts Manual and Service Manual are invaluable when trying to figure out some of these things.

  6. #6onemank62016-06-20 18:53

    I dont have that on my 580ck 1970 power shuttle anyway you could post some pics ???????

  7. #7SCISSOR692016-06-22 07:25

    OK, I have gotten enlightened last night. Go to Colemanequipment.com, search HYDRALIC PUMP ADAPTER POWER SHUTTLE. 36, 35, 33 WERE MISSING OUT OF THIS TRACTOR. SO, tHE ANSWER IS, Napa 1518, HF 6013 OR Baldwin PT 435. T hanks for all your help!

  8. #8onemank62016-06-22 11:06

    learn something new about these old things all the time must be in 68 they located the filter housing in a different location than in the 70 heres the link to coleman http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-58...vg/HYDRAULIC-PUMP-ADAPTER-POWER-SHUTTLE-0YIJ/ Thanks for sharing this info good stuff

  9. #9Juskatla2016-06-22 13:05

    Does your machine have any filter by the rad or the oil cooler? My 1968 580CK TLB is all original and I have the oil cooler and filter up front, and the plate with the empty filter housing spec'd for Case-O-Matic or external hydraulics. Could be a variation by serial number or build date is different, maybe older. I,ll look later this evening and post up some stuff from the manuals. With machines this old, you never know what has been done in the past by other owners with differing needs.

  10. #10SCISSOR692016-06-23 08:56

    Yes, I have the filter up front at the radiator. In the empty filter housing, this is for the hydrostatatic- Case -o matic-? . I assume fluid is being sucked up from the sump by the small hydralic pump in the shuttle, then through the filter? When you move the hydrostatic lever back and forth, it moves a spool bac k and forth on the shuttle. Maybe your correct that the empty filter housing on mine never did have a filter in it, I was assuming that they just took it out and didn,t replace it.

  11. #11Juskatla2016-06-23 12:42

    I would suggest that your machine is assembled like mine and there would not be a filter in that housing. A careful look at the plate and various other parts on the top of the torque tube will likely show that there is no oil sent to the housing in the TLB application. If you have the Case-O-Matic 3 point hitch it would use different parts and valves that would route oil through that filter. The 3 point and external hydraulics on tractors equipped with them use the oil from the torque tube for those hydraulics. I am away from my manuals until later and will get a couple of the pages posted up. It might help us all to understand what differences there are in some serial numbers of production. Xpacks 580Ck is newer and they used a different top plate without the housing, so he didn't have that filter or a place to install it. The number is the same for the front filter...

  12. #12onemank62016-06-23 20:12

    Ya know i never really gave 3 point hydraulics a thought ...........It will be interesting to see if jusk finds out something in his manuals about this...

  13. #13Juskatla2016-06-24 13:30

    Hydraulic Filter for Power Shuttle 580CK I did a little more studying of the '480-580 Series Construction King Wheel Tractors' Operators Instruction Manual and came up with some more confusion. I also need to correct the name I used for the rockshaft 3 pt hitch. In the Case manual, its called the Draft-O-Matic, not Case-O-Matic that I used in the previous posts. I think Case-O-Matic refers to something else on older models of Case stuff. The two attached scans come from the Operators Instruction Manual. but its not dated, so have to make the assumption that it is early in the production of these tractors. I am still looking at the Parts Catalog and have found a few differences with the valves used when the filter assembly is located in front of the radiator. The Parts Catalog indicated that the Oil Filter and Cooler is used with A38434 Valve (1st used on tractor Serial Number 8357336. I will jump to the conclusion that the filter located housing assembly with the filter was used prior but continued with different adapter plates after the filter was relocated to the in front of the rad. Another housing assembly without the filter housing is also listed , the same as Xpack has on his 1970 model. We have all sorts of differences and can add the after sales repairs that may have switched available pieces around during overhaul. I'll do some more research and post anything I find. Edit, I also just figured out that the Standard Clutch filter housing is in a different top plate and accessed from the left (facing the front) side of the torque tube. That accounts for the picture differences.

  14. #14Juskatla2016-06-24 13:35

    Sorry for the rotated scans. I'll try to fix and increase the size to make them readable later today. I'm having issues with my email and now the laptop here.... Grrrrr....:Banghead