Aloha from Hawaii, new to the forum and have an 1989 case 580k I'm bringing back to life. At each cylinder is one hydraulic line supply and the other return? I have a 4-1 front bucket where the cylinders are rusted out. I want to either cap both lines or do I just bypass the lines by putting them together and let the hydraulics go back to the pump in closed loop. Any help would be appreciated. Really like the site and learn a lot.
One pushes the rod out, the other pushes it back in. Oil goes back and forth as you actuate the valve. You can cap both lines or put a short loop hose there if you wish, won't affect anything either way. There will typically be tank return pressure there but you only get high pressure when you actuate the valve.
I think you may be thinking of a backhoe swing and not a 4 in 1 loader bucket.
No, I was simplifying it. Oil pushes, one line the oil pushes the piston out, the other line pushes the piston back in. The piston pulls the rod along with it. Right?
thanks for the tip. will just cap them off!