Hi all, I have a Case 580CK with a G188D engine. I was having a hard time getting it shut down with the cable shutoff. When I went and tried to make sure the shut-off was completely rotating, I also pushed the throttle lever and the engine shut down. I noticed that the nut on the throttle linkage was loose so I tightened it down. But when I was doing that, I pulled outward on the linkage and the shaft started to pull out of the pump governor housing where it goes in on the top of the pump. From looking at some you tube videos of pump dis-assembly I suspect that the little clip that holds the shut-off and throttle shafts inside the governor housing must have come loose. I really don't want to completely remove the pump. What I was wondering was if I could just remove the governor control cover and get access to the shaft from there. Is my assumption sound? Any suggestions? Any risks or concerns? Thanks, in advance, Mark
YUP, Just remove the cover and its right there on your right.. IF its still in there and not broken, you can close up the gap with a couple of raps with a hammer.. You might need to loosen the side cover abit to get the fuel level down to see what your working with.. or a turkey baster works too..
Also, make sure you have the area around and above the pump spotlessly clean because any kind of dirt in the pump can make things go south really quick... I find it best to pressure wash the whole engine first
Thank you both for the response. I will attach the problem this weekend. Mark
Just don't let wife know you used her baster, and wash it real good when you are done!
LOL, used to hang out with one guy, always cleaned his intake manifolds and valve covers (car engines) in the dishwasher.... that practice came to a screaming halt when he got married, dunno why..... :tong
OK, got the thing taken apart, found the "J" clip laying in the bottom of the cavity. Pinched it together to make it a bit tighter, re-assembled it and everything checked out great. Didn't even have to use the turkey baster
Don't ya LOVE IT when a plan comes together..???!!!! THANKS for posting back...