Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580CK Shuttle Cooling Hoses

packratc ยท 2011-03-22 09:04

Had radiator fixed and in putting it back together. Looked at manual to insure I had the hoses in their correct places in relation to the filter, radiator and the pressure and return lines. In a thread back in July 2010, Rory381 had, I guess, added to a 2005 thread in which Phil had posted a picture of the radiator, hoses and filter of a 580CK. It looked to me as if the hoses are connected differently than my book indicates. Now, to my question: Does it matter which hose goes into which side of the radiator cooler? Does it matter which hose goes in which entrance to the filter? On this second question it seems to me that it would as it would change the direction of the fluid being filtered from the bottom to the top. But then again, I'm not sure this matters as it still gets filtered. Am I just chasing ghosts and wasting gray matter when I just should just screw it all back together and dig some holes? Thanks for any input. This is a wonderful site for those of those amongst the ignorant masses.

Replies2
  1. #1Deon2011-03-22 20:02

    All round filters I've seen collect dirt around the outside. Round filters usually have a bypass inside. I would assume they wont work going the wrong way. But I'm thinking of oil filters not coolant filters.

  2. #2packratc2011-03-24 16:02

    Thanks Deon, I've looked at your reply. The filter I'm speaking of is the filter for the hydraulic oil from the transmission. It is cooled in the bottom of the radiator. I'm still not sure if the lines are reversed going into the filter housing, whether it'll filter correctly. Thanks again, Packratc