Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck shuttle drive knocking

Maxsoda ยท 2017-07-17 14:58

About 18 months ago I bought a 1973 Case 580ck. When I bought it I changed all of the fluids. This past weekend the shuttle drive all of a sudden started making a loud knocking noise. I instantly shut it down. I started it back up and the knocking noise happens as soon as I put the shuttle in forward or reverse. The tractor does appear to move when I put it in gear. However, I did not move it but a few feet before shutting down again for fear of causing more damage. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this or experienced this? Any help is much appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Billrog2017-07-17 21:14

    I have no idea but have you taken a look at the drive shaft ? I would think the drive shaft would give more of a vibration that knocking but start by looking for simple explanations.