Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck steering

WILIBUSTER ยท 2011-08-07 15:11

still trying, have taken of the steering pump, all bearings, seals, gears ,bushings are good no wear. control valve spool good no wear .From previous threads i have read i am not getting fluid . any advice?

Replies5
  1. #1WILIBUSTER2011-08-07 15:19

    is there a different way of filling the system than through the pump? want to get it going in the morning I have 360 yards of mulch to move

  2. #2shawneecat2011-08-08 10:19

    That's a good reason to change the power steering pump filter on a regular basis.

  3. #3WILIBUSTER2011-08-08 18:09

    thank you! had already done that and always have. I have her up and running !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the reply.

  4. #4DirtIsMyName2011-08-08 20:46

    I copied that from your other thread. This is the same problem? The filter was the cause of this problem?

  5. #5WILIBUSTER2011-08-09 17:03

    No, the filter wasn't a problem at all, as I told the cat I keep up to date with that. I was only happy to get some sort of reply which is why, I said thanks.I had pulled the steering pump down , pump is perfect, relief valve was the prob . Ihave all of my mulclch moved now if it stops raining i can keep on working.