we found leaking underneath both sides I guess from rub wear . I would assume, and have to figure out whether it’s better to pull it out and repair because it looks like its hard to found a replacement and anything I see looks way too expensive or doesn’t exist. I haven’t yet looked at the manual of the tank replacement. I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult. What’s the suggestion? I googled fuel tank replacement for Case 580 E didn’t see too many videos got a general idea what to be done it didn’t look that bad . Anybody see any other videos except for the heavyset gentleman white shirt with a beard breathing heavy , lol doing it on YouTube that used the flex seal?
I can't offer help on removal but I can offer advice on what I would do. I tend to do things right and be done with them vs. patching stuff. One option is to pull the tank and have a good shop repair it. If there are any radiator shops around your area they usually repair tanks. They will clean it, weld it and test it. The other option is to use a repair kit. If the tank is basically sound except for wear in a spot you could fill the hole with epoxy and use a tank sealer. I can recommend one I used on advice from a friend. I did a tank and it held up for 7 or 8 years at least. I sold the car so I have no clue what happened since. My friend did his tank 20 years ago and it is still fine. This is the one I used. In either case you should try to prevent it from wearing in the same spot. Maybe some rubber strips?
yes some kind of quality product, maybe innertube strips , and repair shops to braze i guess,gotta find one in the area . maybe even coat the tank with something like bedliner or something of sorts, was looking in manual section 3001 fuel sys , only showing tank and components not really any procedure of removing, probably is self explanatory as you go , hood , lid , airbox and anything else in the way . Didn’t look too bad ,