Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580E Fuel Gauge

Brobird ยท 2019-01-05 12:57

Greetings, New user here, and I could not find any answers in the search option. At any rate, my fuel gauge always reads full. Does anyone know if I may have a bad sending unit or perhaps just a bad ground or something simple. It is annoying to always guess where my fuel level might be. Thanks for reading. Brobird

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2019-01-05 18:03

    Congratulations on your first post @Brobird First, disconnect the wire at the sender unit With someone watching the fuel gauge & the ignition on, ground the wire If the gauge moves reacts when grounded - the sender is at fault But make sure the sender has a good earth contact before you simply replace it.

  2. #2Brobird2019-01-05 19:55

    Thank you for the reply, Mr alrman. I will make an attempt to do just that.