Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k backhoe

Yancey ยท 2013-11-03 15:43

Can anyone tell me how to remove the hydraulic oil cooler return tube??? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042013-11-03 15:48

    For the hydraulic or transmission side? 580k (4 speed shifter in floor) or 580sk (4 speed on fender)?

  2. #2Yancey2013-11-03 15:53

    4 speed in floor. the tube is in front under the radiator

  3. #3sheepfoot2013-11-03 19:47

    Raise the loader up and put the lock in place, raise the hood and unhook the cylinders, safety straps, remove the two bolts on each side at the pivots, set the hood off on the ground, It's heavy but not to bad. There is a sheet metal plate at the lower end of the rad, remove it. Some machines have a steel plate on the nose, and some have a counter weight (2) different types, one around 500# and the other 950#,. If it has the steel plate remove the 4 bolts and set off out of the way so you can get at the tube. If it has the counter weight, I use the bolt holes with 12" long 3/4 bolts with the heads cut off to side it away with a floor jack but keep it up on the studs, with a crane or lifting unit just set it out of the way. This will get you to it, may need to remove some other parts once you get there. It been awhile since having to pull that cross or side tube off, seems like I have baized several over the years due to rubs and rust.

  4. #4Yancey2013-11-03 20:27

    Thanks sheepfoot. Sounds like real

  5. #5Yancey2013-11-03 20:32

    Thanks sheepfoot. Sounds like real job!!!!

  6. #6mitch5042013-11-03 20:47

    I pulled the oil cooler out of an Sk this week. I went at it by removing the radiator because I needed to get it out of the way and run the engine to find the leak. In a half hour I had the cooler out. I think I'll go in that way from now on.