Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to the forum.

joe the plumber ยท 2013-11-03 07:08

I just picked up a 87 case 580k. I have never own a backhoe before any incite on this particular machine or backhoes in general? thks

Replies9
  1. #1LowBoy2013-11-03 07:20

    Good ol' machine...lots of them around. Plenty of parts availability and dealerships around Mass./New England in general. Welcome to the site BTW, from another New Englander!:usa

  2. #2TLR152013-11-06 09:29

    Welcome Joe, I grew up in Mass. Case was always very popular in Mass probably in part to the dealer network. That's changed a bit since '87 but still pretty good. As far as your machine...give me a 580K in 4wd with 4 in 1 and a thumb and I'd have the perfect machine. I had to "settle" for a 580C . Yours has the cummins turbo right? Post some pics of her.

  3. #3joe the plumber2013-11-06 19:21

    Ya 3.9 cummins Diesel with turbo just not sure if the turbo is working??

  4. #4mitch5042013-11-06 21:17

    Blowing lots of black smoke?

  5. #5utahjd12013-11-07 06:23

    whats wrong with the580c?.....I love mine

  6. #6joe the plumber2013-11-07 06:43

    No black smoke some white from time to time.

  7. #7TLR152013-11-07 08:02

    There's nothing wrong with a C, I love my machine. I'm just saying if I had the money I'd have bought a K with 4wd. The Cummins is a great engine and the K is just the progression of technology.

  8. #8mitch5042013-11-07 13:17

    Why would you think the turbo isn't working?

  9. #9Dirtturner22013-11-11 08:04

    White smoke??? Keep an eye on your antifreeze level.