Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k bucket hose blew

stangman893 ยท 2010-09-03 21:42

I recently blew the bucket hose on my 87 580k.This is the first anything I have to replace since I bought it.My problem or question is how do you get to the hose thats under the piston.Do I have to remove the cylinder or do I have to sneak it out of there.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance. Jim:beatsme

Replies8
  1. #1Goose2010-09-03 21:48

    If you are talking about the hose that screws directly into the base end of the cylinder on the underside were you cant get to it. Just set the bucket on the ground and remove the pin at the base end and then retract the cylinder a bit to get it out of the mounts far enough that you can rotate the barrel a little and get a wrench on the fitting.

  2. #2stangman8932010-09-03 21:54

    The hose is accessible right at joint of the upper and lower boom but goes in side the boom and has a bolt and clamp holding it to another hose.At this point it attaches to the steel tube and attches to the cylinder there.Its more or less at the jont of the two boom sections that I am stuck.

  3. #3Goose2010-09-03 22:01

    Are you talking about the hoses going to the bucket cylinder or the hoses going to the extendahoe cylinder if it is an extendahoe?

  4. #4stangman8932010-09-03 22:03

    They go to the bucket cylinder.I think it leaks when you roll the bucket open and its the left side hose.

  5. #5Goose2010-09-03 22:05

    Which end cant you get off?

  6. #6stangman8932010-09-03 22:09

    Where the rubber and steel pipe join is under the cylinder.Under the cylinder is a clamp that holds the two lines together and also where the tube and hose meet.Do I take it out as one whole unit rubber and steel and take that clamp off or do I have to separte it there.

  7. #7stangman8932010-09-03 22:23

    I guess my confusion is more like which is the end I need to get off.Do i unscrew the metal part that screws into the cylinder or just all rubber hose.Sorry to sound like an idiot but my last machine was a dynahoe and it was apart constantlyso it was easy.Lol

  8. #8Goose2010-09-03 22:25

    You could take it out with the hose still attached or pull the base end pin like I said earlier and rotate the cylinder to get to the joint and the clamp easier.