I had a question to just verify that Im on the right track here, I pulled my entire rear valve bank and swing out and rebuilt both 100%, and put new Orings in all the bypass valves. Now that I've put it all back together Im trying to calibrate all the valves to factory, but ran into a slight question. Ports such as dipper and bucket are suppose to be set at 2900-3100psi (roughly), but the main bypass valve is set to 2600 psi. So when I dead head the valves the max pressure Im getting is 2600 psi as from my understanding the main bypass is tripping before the valve bank's. So Im thinking that its pretty much not able to be correctly calibrated with the main bypass kicking in, am I correct on that? I called my dealer to see about the test blocks to individually calibrate bypass valves removed from the bank, but they said those are pipe dreams and don't work so they don't have them
Oh yeah one other question, I've heard of some people saying that on the phase 3 580k's you could overclock the main bypass valve past 2600 to around 2750-2900 psi... is that a recipe for disaster or did they really make the phase 3s more robust then the 1's and just never changed the hydraulic settings to play it safe?
I normally use a hand pump to check the secondary reliefs, by removing the hose at the port to be tested, connect pump & adjust if necessary. Alternatively, you would need to raise the main relief pressure to above 3100 psi & then test the secondary - but I wouldn't recommend doing so. With the age of the machine, the old hardened hydraulic hoses might not like having that much pressure in them. So, I guess that answers your second question also, personally, I wouldn't raise the pressure beyond the spec for your model.
Ah got it, yeah that would work quite well (minus I don't have a secondary pump) but may try it if I ever do. Where you referring to the hydraulic pipe or the hoses? I'd not be surprised at all if the old hoses blew out, I've rebuilt about 80% of the hydraulic system already (cooler, pump, valve banks, 70% of the hoses, all the cylinders... its been lovely) But yeah I agree with you on not raising it, its probably just asking for any more weak links to show themselves
Rule of thumb I used is quarter of a turn past your main relief psi setting on your circuit reliefs.