Hi all, I looked at a 580K on Saturday. The guy who owned it had put a new hydraulic pump on it. One of the bolts that holds the pump on was broke off. I suspect the bolt was just over-tightened when he put the new pump on and it broke. In that case, I don't think it is a very big issue. However, if the bolt broke because of another problem, I need to be sure there aren't bigger issues. For example, if the shaft was bent or something and caused the bolt to break, I would think that is a big issue. Anyone have any comments? Thanks.
Welcome to HEF Satch! - Yet another Ontario member! I've worked on many of these & never seen a pump mounting bolt broken. The pump fits quite tightly with a spigot into the housing. IF there is any alignment problems that exist between the pump & crankshaft, it usually shows itself where the cradle attatches to the engine block. Look to see if those bolts have been replaced. If it they have been replaced - walk away from the machine unless you want to pull the engine & repair/replace engine block as they usually have destroyed the locating dowels. If the 4 bolts on cradle to block are original, then what he's saying is true, If they have been replaced - he's not tellin you everything...........