Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k electrical issues

Dirt Junkie ยท 2011-09-13 01:50

New here thank you for having me. Watching here for years but never had a question until now. Just bought a 580k 4x4 orops ehoe. I am planning to get the service manuals but it has only been since Friday. I was trying to get any of the lights to work and in the process now the fuel shutoff will not allow fuel to the cylinders. I am planning on checking and cleaning all connections tomorrow. Does anyone have an electrical schematic that I could research. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Dirt Junkie2011-09-13 11:41

    Found the problem. Loose 5 amp fuse that also feeds the instrument cluster. Originally they had small strands of copper wire wrapped around a fuse. Cleaned the fuse box terminals and good now. Still working on the light issue.

  2. #2nilzlofgren2011-09-13 20:14

    I have the same machine, except that I have a standard hoe. I had lighting issues for along time. It was always do to moisture corroding everything. I went out and bought weather proof toggle switches, and sealed everything up the best I could. I haven't had any problems since. I'm not sure if this is your problem as well, but if you are going to redo your lighting, you should upgrade to weatherproof, or marine grade components.

  3. #3Dirt Junkie2011-09-14 01:00

    I was able to get the lights working today. The flasher is out so case dealer is ordering another switch for me. Have not had any corrosion issues yet. Just silly stuff like wire around fuses and the main 75 amp relay unplugged. Looking to add some more work lights so I will look for sealed switches for them.

  4. #4nilzlofgren2011-09-14 20:37

    If you look up at the "ceiling" of your OROPS, on the backside of where your lights are mounted, you will see round plastic caps that you can pry off. These are the spots where you can attach more lights, and wire them in. There are enough spots for four lights on the front, and four on the back. Case sells them with the mounts, so they swivel up and down, and left and right.

  5. #5oceanobob2011-09-15 22:02

    The entire fuse box can be had by source spec'ing (not from Case), I soldered in the new one and it's been much more reliable. A nice piece of diamond deck aluminum and a piece of foam gasket keeps the rain from dripping on it. If you temporarily remove the seat and post, there is room to work. I found corroded terminals and some overheated insulation at the point near the connections.

  6. #6CODMECH2011-10-16 23:54

    had simialar problems on our old super k age and vibration caused corrosion and looseness in terminals that held fuses causing excess heat melting plastic fuse box and insulation on wires at the box good idea to check the back of your fuse panel even if the front side looks ok, also it seems mice and squirells like chewing on wiring for some reason, we run into electrical problems caused by rodents frequently