Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k Hood Latch System

Bartlanz ยท 2009-11-20 09:33

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you 580k Series 1 owners could snap some pictures of your hood latch system. Mine is all but missing and I cant make heads or tails of the parts diagrams. I'm hoping some pics will let me see how this is all suposed to fit together. Thanks In Advance!

Replies2
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-11-20 16:47

    The latch is actually a 2 piece actuator. The handle on the hood turns a square shaft to rotate a flipper that pushes down on the release mechanism on the tractor itself. This turn another square shaft that releases the jaws on the latch itself that grabs the pin on the fuel/hydraulic door which holds the hood closed. I posted 2 replies to get more pics for you. If you need more let me know.

  2. #2bill onthehill2009-11-20 16:49

    latch and cover.