Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K hyd filter restrction light flashes on and off

whatwas ยท 2011-11-05 08:48

I have a 1990 580K (7000+ hrs) that the hyd filter light flashes on for about 1/2 hr after you start the machine. It's been below freezing here the last few mornings but nothing serious (-3C max). Fluids and filters were fresh about 30 hrs ago.

Replies5
  1. #1trevor b2011-11-05 10:31

    my 93 580sk does that with tran's filter .fluid's 40 hrs old filter changed 15 hrs. any idea's? trevor b

  2. #2alrman2011-11-05 16:30

    When oil is cold / thick, filter will go into 'by-pass', especially when RPM is raised. As oil warms / thins - no 'by-pass' , so nothing to worry about, unless wire is earthing out somewhere else........

  3. #3mitch5042011-11-05 16:59

    I had the exact problem w/ my Sk, anytime the oil was cold, but, I fixed it. I simply haven't yet replaced the burnt-out bulb. Seriously, alrman is right, the oil is much thicker until it warms up. Mine has done it for the eleven years I've owned it, no problems yet.

  4. #4Deon2011-11-05 19:24

    My JD 310D does that same thing with the hyd light. If I let it idle a few minutes I can raise the rpm just a little before the light comes on. Within 5 to 10 minutes I can crank it right up without lighting up. I'm glad to know its OK like that. This forum and all you guys are awesome.

  5. #5trevor b2011-11-05 20:01

    tks alot this forum ruels tb