Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580K Hyd leak above right swing cylinder

pdhntr ยท 2017-08-05 21:03

I have a Case 580K and there is a steel hydraulic line above the right swing cylinder that has worn a flat spot and is starting to leak. It looks like, at some point in its past it got flattened on the lower side by the swing cylinder. I have only had the machine for a year and have used it very carefully, and can't see anywhere that I have rubbed the cylinder. Regardless, it is leaking and I need to fix it. Is there a fix I can do that will get the pipe out of the way of the cylinder? If I have to replace what I have, does anyone have a part number for this part? I am over two hours from the nearest dealer so I would like to order it and have it sent. Can a rubber hose be fitted with different fittings? I can get hydraulic hoses made only five miles down the road. I have worked for the last hour to try to post pics but it just won't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks. Jim

Replies5
  1. #1pdhntr2017-08-05 21:07

    Wish I knew how I did that.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-08-05 22:20

    It looks like a hose was rubbing against it in the swing cycle. The pipe can be brazed with a torch. Or replace it with a hose. You need to carefully stand out of the way of the boom and have someone swing the boom back and forth to see where and what is rubbing it. You most likely have a flat spot on a hose that will need replacing.

  3. #3Delmer2017-08-05 23:16

    I agree, that's the kind of thing you could braze if you feel like it. From here it looks like that fitting on the valve (o ring boss) should be angled up a bit so that line doesn't get crushed against the other cylinder like that. It might just be loose?

  4. #4pdhntr2017-08-06 00:18

    I swung the boom all the way through and can't see anyplace that it is rubbing. As I said before, I believe it may have happened at some time previous to when I bought it, and the leak is getting worse now. I was wondering if I could just braze it, and then maybe turn it to the side. I think the fitting up on the valve bank will allow that. Thanks for the help. Jim

  5. #5garveymd2017-08-25 08:05

    You can get good used parts from ASAP ( check the web page) in Black Creek WI. They have a lot of case back hoe parts in the salvage yard.