Have a 580k phase1. Had great brakes yesterday & then today soon as I put my foot on the brake pedal it went to the floor. With little to no braking, it won't hardly slow the machine down. Seems to be full of fluid at the master cylinder also. Any help please
Both pedals ? Brake fluid in them or hydraulic oil ?
Yes both pedals but I'm not sure what kind of fluid. I want to think brake fluid. I know the resovoir is full though
You need to determine what is in those master cylinders because if it is the wrong stuff your problem is solved.
I've owned it for about a year & haven't added any fluid to the master cylinder. It's had perfect brakes until now
I have inadvertently used the wrong fluid in the reservoir and that was a lesson in rebuilding. I want to say the fluid is to be hydraulic and not brake fluid - but I will verify. The other time my brakes went south was when the last of the friction material wore off the plates.
can any hyd oil br used or only case oil thanks
I used any hydraulic oil with no problems.